Dawson & Albritton Overcoming Adversity Law School Scholarship
As lawyers, we understand that law school is expensive. We also know that life can take unexpected turns such as a car accident or unexpected death, leading to sudden financial strain. However, overcoming hardships can challenge you to grow as a person and as a future attorney.
We are offering one $1,500 scholarship to a law student who writes a 500-word essay on how they have overcome some form of adversity in their lives such as a medical issue, a car accident or disruptive family circumstances. Essays should also explain how overcoming adversity has impacted their personal growth.
- Students must write up to 500 words on how an adverse circumstance affected them and how they overcame this hardship.
- Essays should succinctly tell your story and demonstrate your personal growth.
- Applicants must be enrolled in an accredited law school during the 2020 fall semester.
- Students must send in their application by the June 15th deadline.
- Application deadline: June 15, 2020
- Winner is chosen by July 1, 2020